Thursday 16 December 2010

Alex's Albums of 2010

I know the concept of year end music lists is a bit pointless and nerdy but because I read too much online music journalism and because VH1 was the only music channel that came free with my parents cable package when I was a kid and because the inside of my brain is basically just a series of graphs I think about this stuff quite a lot. Also how can it be a bad idea to share a bunch of stuff that you like?

So, with that disclaimer covered,  here are the albums that I loved the most in 2010.

1. How to Dress Well - Love Remains
2. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
3. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
4. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
5. Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot
6. Caribou - Swim
7. Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me
8. Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here
9. Das Racist - Sit Down Man
10. Drake - Thank Me Later

It's difficult not to give the top spot to Kanye but he gets enough love from Pitchfork. The sound of the How to Dress Well record still feels like a revelation to me and I still listen to it most days so I've decided it is the winner EVEN THOUGH Kanye has this year proven himself to be the greatest pop star of our generation.

So there you go.

We're playing at the Enterprise in Camden on Sunday. We're on at 8.20. Get down.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment